An email posted online Tuesday by Patriot Perspective indicates that NBC’s David Gregory may have used an illegal magazine on Sunday after the network was denied permission by the Metropolitan Police Department.
“The Metropolitan Police Department is in receipt of your e-mail regarding David Gregory segment on ‘Meet the Press.’ MPD has received numerous e-mails informing us of the segment. NBC contacted MPD inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment. NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazines is not permissible and their request was denied. This matter is currently being investigated. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention,” the posted email reads.
“This was sent to me by an individual who received it in response to his own inquiries, and I also saw it posted in an ongoing discussion of the David Gregory case,” poster “ShortTimer” wrote.
William A. Jacobson, an associate clinical professor at Cornell Law School, wrote at Legal Insurrection that while he was unable to verify that the address “email@example.com” was valid, an anonymous source working for the D.C. government said the email reply “is genuine.”
On Sunday, NBC propagandist David Gregory displayed a 30-round clip while berating NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre.
Since “Meet the Press” is taped in Washington, D.C., Gregory appears to have violated D.C. official code 7-2506.01.
“No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term large capacity ammunition feeding device means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition,” the code reads.
Those violating the law can be sentenced to a “maximum fine of $1000 and/or up to a year imprisonment,” the code says.
On Tuesday, we reported that authorities in D.C. are investigating the incident to determine if the magazine Gregory used was real or a prop.
Jacobson said that if Gregory used the magazine after being denied permission, “the nature of the incident” would change “from an unknowing violation to a possible knowing violation.”
“While intent is not a part of the crime, it certainly may affect prosecutorial discretion if there were a prior warning,” he added.
- Authorities investigating NBC’s David Gregory for gun law violation
- Gun debate pits liberals, media against Constitution, freedom-loving Americans
- Report: NBC’s David Gregory violated D.C. gun laws on ‘Meet the Press’
- WH petition calling for deportation of CNN’s Piers Morgan reaches 25,000 signature threshold
- New York paper publishes names, addresses of legal gun permit holders
- Piers Morgan: NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre ‘dangerous, dim-witted, deluded menace’
- Yes, Virginia, there is a Democrat-media complex
- Ted Nugent to Piers Morgan on gun control: ‘Kiss my a**’
- White House petitions demand NRA be designated a terrorist organization
- New York Governor: Confiscation of guns ‘could be an option’
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Is it time for conservatives to boycott CNN for anti-Second Amendment propaganda?
- Classmate: Newtown shooter Adam Lanza had web page dedicated to Satan
- CNN’s Piers Morgan upset over White House petition calling for his deportation
- Liberals on Twitter call for murder of NRA members after NRA press conference (Video)
- Discovery Channel cancels Ted Nugent’s gun show, says rocker will not be back
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee to America: Turn in your guns
- Meet six people who would not be alive if liberals had their way on guns
- Actress Marg Helgenberger: ‘One can only hope’ NRA members are shot dead
- University professor calls for beheading of NRA CEO, says NRA terrorist group
- Democratic Party leader: Call to shoot NRA members not a death threat
- Texas Democratic Party leader, blogger calls for shooting NRA members
- Should an apology from a Democratic Party Executive Committee member cover calls for mass shootings?
- Liberals on Twitter call for murder of NRA members, repeal of Second Amendment
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit and like his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
Be sure to check out some of Joe’s other columns:
National Crime and Courts Examiner
National Social Issues Examiner
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.