Disney Store continues to market itself as the magical place to spend Black Friday shopping for holiday gifts. On Nov. 19, Disney Store kicked off its Black Friday deals with a week of sale items on its website. Disney also released information about what to expect on Black Friday itself.
Disney Store will include new sale items on its website every day this week leading up to Black Friday. Then on Nov. 23, Black Friday itself, Disney Store locations as well as DisneyStore.com will offer even more deals, including gifts in the $5, $10 and $20 range.
Disney is calling their shopping experience “Magical Friday,” a name that reflects the store’s deals, special experiences and extended hours. This year, more than 200 Disney Store locations will offer extended hours on Black Friday, with more than 150 stores opening at midnight to take advantage of the holiday hoopla.
“At Disney Store, we know our guests like to start shopping early and we’re pleased to deliver a streamlined, interactive online shopping experience, with more deals available earlier than ever before,” said Paul Gainer, Executive Vice President, Disney Store Retail in a press release. “On Magical Friday, whether guests shop with us in our over 200 brick and mortar stores or online at DisneyStore.com, they will find the highest quality products at incredible deals.”
Guests can open this document to find Black Friday hours for Disney Store locations. Search here for Disney Store locations.
Preview the Disney Store in-store ad and some of its “Magical Friday” holiday gifts. Or see my Disney Travel holiday gift guide for other suggestions.
Disney Store offers $10, $15 and $20 deals for Black Friday
Disney Store’s “Magical Friday” includes gifts at budget-friendly price points of $10, $15 and $20 as well as a range of bigger-budget items. There are gifts for children and adults, movie fans and theme-park lovers.
On the store’s recommended gift list are some of its best-selling lines or hot brands. Guests can expect to find merchandise, among others, related to Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, Disney Princess, including Cinderella, “Wreck It Ralph,” and Disney-Pixar’s “Cars” and “Toy Story.”
There are even items from Disney Parks and Resorts, with some items offered at up to 25% off. It’s a good deal for guests who aren’t visiting the parks for Christmas but can make it to their local Disney Store.
- Soft Dolls—Find some of your favorite Disney characters as soft dolls, suitable for all ages!
- Classic Dolls (11″)—Turn every playtime into a fairy tale with an Ariel, Belle, Cinderella or The Beast classic doll.
- Disney Figurine Sets—Now kids will be able to create their own adventures with these elaborate Disney Fairies, Disney Princess or Toy Story figurine sets.
- Cars Spy Plane Shoot Out Playset—Master spy Finn McMissile and his crime-fighting partner team up on this Cars 2 launching play set.
- Magic Mirror Beauty Case—Bedazzle your little one with the bejeweled beauty case that’s filled with a bounty of glittering baubles.
- Kids Sleepwear Gift Sets—Kids will snuggle up after a day of winter fun in these soft pajamas that feature a selection of their favorite Disney characters.
- Animators’ Collection Princess Toddler Dolls—Named “Toy of the Year” by Family Fun Magazine in 2011, these young renditions of your favorite Disney Princess characters (Ariel, Belle, Cinderella and Snow White) were re-imagined as toddlers and created under the guidance of the Walt Disney Animation Studios animators.
- Toy Story Talking Action Figures— The talking Buzz, Jessie or Woody action figures are full of well-known phrases that will take kids’ imaginations to infinity and beyond during play time.
Deals on Something Extra Special (Over $20):
- Magical Cinderella Castle Playset ($69.50)—Your little princess’ imagination will glow with this Cinderella Castle Magical Play Set. Set features 16 fully sculptured pieces including castle, characters, furniture and accessories to create her own fairy tale stories!
- 2 Pack Mega Deluxe World of Racing Cars Die Cast Set 2($99.50)— Celebrate Disney/Pixar’s wide world of racing with a mega deluxe 22-car die cast gift set honoring the World Grand Prix, the Piston Cup Championship, and Radiator Springs street racing!
In October, Disney Store also offered its list of “Top Ten” must-have Christmas gifts.
DisneyStore.com offers “Magical Friday” experiences
Disney Store has expanded its online opportunities this season, making it even easier to shop in one’s pajamas. Not only do the sales start today, continuing through Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but Disney has two new services aimed at online shoppers.
At DisneyStore.com, guests can record and customize a “Disney Magical Message” to send with their online gift purchases. Recipients will receive an email with a personal ID and URL that will allow them to view the message.
Disney Store has also started a “Fairy Godmother Twitter” concierge service to assist customers on “Magical Friday.” Live chats with members of Disney Store’s guest services team will be available to guests who use the hash tag #FairyGodmother.
Disney Store supports Make-A-Wish with holiday purchases
Finally, Disney is also working to make some very special dreams come true during the Christmas season. In the spirit of giving, Disney Store and Make-A-Wish have once again teamed up, like Santa and his elves, to grant wishes to children around the globe.
For each Holiday Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse Plush purchased at Disney Store or DisneyStore.com between Oct. 21, 2012 and Dec. 24, the Disney Store will donate $1 to Make-A-Wish (up to $50,000).
By the end of 2012 Disney will have donated more than $500,000 to Make-A-Wish.
Kungaloosh! Put on your set of ears and join me in stalking the Mouse. Read more of my Disney Travel Examiner articles or sign up for a free subscription.