This is the best-ever gift — or post-holiday getaway — for the cook in your family.
For the entire month of January, the Ahwahnee Hotel at Yosemite will host series of eight three-and-four-day Chef’s Holiday events. Each session features different moderators, culinary journalists, celebrity chefs and headliners from all over the United States, and artisan food producers.
Here’s the line up:
Session One – January 6-8
- Visiting Chefs: Douglas Keane ~ Cyrus, Healdsburg, CA Victor Scargle ~ Lucy, Yountville, CA Peter Armellino ~ Plumed Horse, Saratoga, CA
Session Two – January 9-10
- Headliner: Mark Sullivan ~Spruce, San Francisco, CA
- Demonstrators: Annie Somerville ~ Greens, San Francisco, CA Ben “Wyatt” Dufresne ~ PlumpJack, Squaw Valley, CA
Session Three – January 13-15
- Headliner: Joey Elenterio ~ Chez TJ, Mountain View, CA
- Demonstrators: Brian Streeter ~ Cakebread Cellars, Napa Valley, CA Jesse Cool ~ Flea Street Cafe, Menlo Park, CA
Session 4 – January 16-17
- Headliner: Mark Estee ~ Campo, Reno, NV
- Demonstrators: Peggy Smith & Sue Conley ~ Cowgirl Creamery, Pt. Reyes & San Francisco, CA Adam Mali ~ Brasserie S & P, San Francisco, CA
Session Five – January 20-22
- Headliner: Matt McNamara ~ Sons & Daughters, San Francisco, CA
- Demonstrators: Daniel Holzman ~ The Meatball Shop, New York City, NY David Lentz ~ The Hungry Cat, Santa Barbara, Hollywood, Santa Monica
Session Six – January 23-24
- Headliner: Suzanne Goin ~ Lucques, Los Angeles, CA
- Demonstrators: Ariane Duarte ~ CulinAriane, Montclair, NJ Nyesha Arrington ~ Wilshire, Los Angeles, CA
Session Seven – January 27-29
- Headliner: David Bazirgan ~ Fifth Floor, San Francisco, CA
- Demonstrators: Kim Alter ~ Haven, Oakland, CA Laurence Jossel ~ nopa/nopalita, San Francisco, CA
Session 8 – January 30-31
- Visiting Chefs: Jonathan Waxman ~ Barbuto, New York, NY Jimmy Bradley ~ The Red Cat & The Harrison, New York, NY Joey Campanaro ~ The Little Owl, New York, NY
Each Chef’s Holiday event begins with an afternoon check-in and a chef’s demonstration, followed by a meet-the-chefs reception. You’ll spend the next day (or two, depending on the session) in behind-the scenes tours, enjoying demonstrations and discussions, capped off with a gala dinner in the Ahwahnee dinning room.
The events are very reasonably priced. At the Ahwahnee, three-night packages start at $574 per person (two-night packages start at $449 per person) – well below standard room rates for the room alone. At Yosemite Lodge at the Falls, three-night packages start at $399 per person (two-night packages start at $332 per person).
The Chef’s Holiday package includes:
- Overnight accommodations for two
- Admission to culinary presentations and tastings
- Admission to private “Meet the Chefs” Reception with wine and hors d’oeuvres
- Two tickets to the Gala Chefs’ Holiday Dinner in The Ahwahnee Dining Room
- Behind-the-scenes kitchen tour
*Odd numbered sessions include 3-nights lodging, even numbered sessions include 2-nights lodging.
Get all the details and make reservations online at the Yosemite website.