Every year, Ellen DeGeneres dons her Santa hat and hosts “12 Days of Giveaways,” which is very similar to Oprah’s “Favorite Things.” However, Ellen’s version lasts for twelve days. In an email to fans sent on Dec. 2, DeGeneres announced that the highly anticipated TV event begins on Dec. 3 and viewers can register to win many of the prizes at home.
On Sunday night, Ellen DeGeneres said…
My 12 Days of Giveaways begin on Monday! I couldn’t be more excited. Mama always said it’s better to give than to receive, which is probably why she always made me give my presents to my brother.
The 12 Days of Giveaways is my favorite time of year. Every season, I give away bigger and better prizes, and Season 10 is gonna be biggerer and betterer. But why should my audience have all the fun? I always make sure y’all at home can get in on all of the giveaways too, and this year we’ve got lots of fun ways to do it.
In 2012, Ellen is giving TV viewers at home a chance to win the prizes from her “12 Days of Giveaways.” Below is how you can participate.
- Facebook: Ellen’s Facebook followers get a chance to win each of the 12 Days of Giveaways.
- Twitter: Follow Ellen on Twitter. You never know when she’ll tweet a chance to win.
- EllenTV.com: Every day, ten winners will win the giveaways from that day’s show.
- Instagram: Follow Ellen on Instagram for fun and exciting ways to win a full day’s worth of 12 Days prizes.
On Monday, Dec. 3, Ellen DeGeneres is kicking off “12 Days of Giveaways” by giving away the following gifts to every member in her audience:
- MasterCard gift card
- Executive Headphones from Beats
- Nike Fuel Band
- Gemesis Diamond necklace
- Two-year subscription to Netflix
- Playstation Vita
Ellen’s fans always look forward to her “12 Days of Giveaways.” Here’s what a few said about it on Monday on the Ellen DeGeneres Show’s Facebook page, which currently has more than 8 million followers…
- “Love the 12 days…so great to see how happy everyone is that is there. Definitely gets you in the Holiday Spirit.” – Jennifer OCarroll Friday
- “We just love the Ellen DeGeneres Show. Would love to be a winner!” – Donna Perkins Holladay
- “Ellen – love you, please be our Santa this year!!!” – Brandy El
- “Merry Christmas Ellen…you’re doing a great job…you make so many people happy! Love your show!” – Susan Simon
- “Ellen – it’s so nice to see someone like you being so blessed and hardworking giving back to everyone. You are so very special.” – Kathleen Marie Borkowski
Ellen’s “12 Days of Giveaways” continues through Tuesday, Dec. 18, but she could throw in an extra day for good measure. To watch Ellen’s favorite moments from past years, be sure to check out the above video.
“The Ellen DeGeneres Show” airs every weekday on NBC. Check local listings for airtimes. This week’s guests include Jessica Biel (Monday), Gerard Butler (Tuesday), John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John (Wednesday), Corey Monteith (Thursday), and Christina Aguilera (Friday).
Do you want to stay in-the-know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE, and you’ll stay up-to-the-minute with your favorite television shows and stars.