As if the Carnival Destiny wasn’t enough of a beautiful ship before, just wait until she comes out of a 49-day dry dock in Italy. Cruisers may not recognize her, especially since her name will now be the Carnival Sunshine. She will undergo a $155-million makeover that will include all of the Fun Ship 2.0 enhancements that other ships in the Carnival fleet have received to make her shine all bright and new for her debut in April 2013.
Not only will her enhancements include all that have been utilized fleet-wide, but there are other features that will be unique only to Carnival Sunshine such as:
- Havana Bar, a cool Cuban-themed hangout that will serve Cuban coffee and snacks by day, and then turn into an electrifying Latin club by night, serving Cuban cocktails and creating a vibe that only the Cuban culture can create;
- WaterWorks, an all-new water park for the young and young-at-heart, which features over 40 water-based attractions and Carnival’s longest water slide in its fleet at a staggering 235 feet, where racers can go down the twin slides and race against each other and the clock;
- ShakeSpot, where passengers can enjoy classic handspun milkshakes, as well as tropical fruit shakes, and adults can have their own take with a splash of Grand Marnier;
- JavaBlue, a new coffee concept that will include huge cinnamon rolls, giant cupcakes and slices of red velvet cake that will knock your proverbial socks off;
- And, Pizzeria del Capitano, an expansion of Carnival’s popular Cucina del Capitano, the family-style Italian restaurant, which will feature delicious pizzas anytime day or night, free of charge.
Carnival Sunshine will also offer all of the exciting elements that make up our $500 million dollar Fun Ship 2.0 enhancement program including Guy’s Burger Joint, BlueIguana Cantina, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, RedFrog Rum Bar, EA Sports Bar, and the Alchemy Bar. The ship will also feature Hasbro, The Game Show, and Playlist Productions as family entertainment options.
Carnival Sunshine will make her debut on a 14-day Mediterranean voyage from Venice to Barcelona on April 12-26, 2013, followed by nine- and 12-day Mediterranean cruises either round-trip from Barcelona or sailings between Barcelona and Venice through October 20, 2013. Carnival Sunshine will then sail on a 16-day Transatlantic crossing from Barcelona to New Orleans November 1-17, 2013, positioning itself for year-round seven-day departures from the Big Easy.
For more information on Carnival Sunshine and her offerings or if you need a travel agent to help you see the Carnival Sunshine, please contact Your Charlotte Cruise Ships Examiner directly at email@example.com. It is a short drive or flight from the Charlotte area to New Orleans to take the Carnival Sunshine when she arrives in the United States.
Stay tuned for more exciting cruising news! Until then, Bon Voyage!