Brevard Zoo will introduce new pricing, effective Jan 1, 2013. General admission will increase by fifty cents per person, but a new “Zip and Zoo” value ticket will reduce the cost for admission when the admission is combined with Treetop Trek Aerial Adventures.
Effective Jan 1, the new pricing for general admission will be as follows:
- Adults – $15
- Seniors – $14
- Children ages 2 to 12 – $11
- Children under 2 – FREE
It should also be noted that 25 cents of each admission supports Brevard Zoo’s conservation programs.
The value ticket is a two-day pass that will save the purchaser around 15% when compared with a purchase of a single admission and then a Treetop Trek ticket separately. Cost for the two day ticket varies from $34 to $54 for adults and $22 to $50 for children, depending on which level of the Treetop Trek course is chosen. Value ticket pricing is as follows:
Adult – Challenge Course: $54 (save $9)
Adult – Canopy Walk: $34 (save $15)
Big Kid – Challenge Course: $50 (save $9)
Big Kid – Canopy Walk: $31 (save $5)
Little Kid – Chutes and Ladders: $22 (save $4)
Treetop Trek Aerial Adventures
Treetop Trek is a combined obstacle course and zip line adventure that has gotten rave reviews. It is available as a single experience, not requiring entrance to the zoo, and soon as a combined experience allowing zoo visitors to spend an entire day at the zoo, exploring all that it has to offer.
Treetop Trek offers three courses:
- Chutes & Ladders – $15, designed for the younger set, bridges, tightropes, small zips – takes about 45 min.
- Canopy Walk – $25, 20 ft above the ground includes five treetop challenges and two ziplines – takes 45 min to 2 hrs, depending on skill and how busy it is.
- Treetop Challenge – $48, 20 to 40 ft above ground, larger ziplines (longest is 700 ft) – takes 90 min to 3 hrs depending on skill and how busy the course is.
There are course-specific rules that must be adhered to, and forms to be completed before those interested are admitted and training begins.
Brevard Zoo now offers an annual pass for Treetop Trek. The cost will be as follows:
- Chutes and Ladders – $75 a year
- Canopy Walk or Treetop Challenge (which includes the Canopy Walk)- $199 a year.
Annual passes may be purchased in-person at the membership window at the front entrance to the Zoo or online. For more information on the annual pass, please call 321.254.9453 x 253.
Beginning Feb. 1, 2013 there will be an all zip-line experience option for $40. Treetop Trek opens daily at 9:00 a.m. The last admission is 3:00 pm for Treetop Challenge Course and 3:30 pm for Chutes and Ladders and Canopy Walk Courses. Treetop Trek is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.