Long range engagements (LRE’s) are fights using weapons with a high amount of distance between a player and his/her target. Classes for LRE’s are best used in large and open maps where there is a lot of space.
Sniper Rifles (good for eliminating enemies at maximum distance)
• Main weapon: DSR 50 – Fast Kills with almost instant deaths, just aim for the chest and it’s a guaranteed kill. Watch missing, the DSR 50 is bolt action and has quite a delay.
• Attachments: Ballistics CPU (reduces sway, offers better accuracy), Fast Mag (faster reloading)
• Wildcard: Overkill (adds 2nd primary weapon)
• Secondary Weapon: Vector K10 – short range and offers a perfect contrast to the DSR 50 in range and fire rate.
• Attachments: Fore Grip (decreases recoil and dramatically improves accuracy)
• Perk 1: Lightweight (move faster and don’t stay in one place too long)
• Perk 2: Hard Wired (stay in view of targets)
• Lethal: Bouncing Betty or Claymore (both proximity mines, they don’t let enemies sneak up on a player)
• Tactical: Sensor Grenade (lets a player know where the enemies are)
Total Allocation Points: 10/10
Alternatives: Drop Overkill and the Vector K10 for the Executioner or other pistol. Add Primary Gunfighter with Dual Band Scope for better spotting. Drop the tactical and lethal equipment for other perks such as Extreme Conditioning, Hardline, Coldblooded, Scavenger, or Blind Eye. Drop secondary for FHJ-18 AA to take out pesky air support. If Lightweight and Extreme Conditioning are selected, a knife can be effectively used.
Using this class: Sniping requires patience. Finding all of the best camping spots in a map are crucial to keeping alive and building up a scorestreak. Using UAVs will give the player an eye in the sky. When a sniper rifle is fired, there will be a white line leading to the sniping player; keep moving to avoid being killed. Do not stay in one place too long. When enemies gets too close, switch to a closer range weapon with a high fire rate and greater spread and kill them.
For great information on weapons and attachments, check out Call Of Duty Elite. Go to home and then select Create a Class to play around with the various set-ups and find information on all the weapons and equipment.