Looking for the most popular Thanksgiving and Christmas pies this year? Crisco’s homemade apple pie made with fresh apples and cranberries has a secret ingredient added to it—raspberries! Not only do the raspberries add pizazz to the pie, but the festive red color makes this apple pie perfect for the holidays! This luscious pie recipe comes from Crisco.com and the Crisco Pie Hotline.
Pie Crust Problems?
Having trouble with your pie crust? Call the Crisco Pie Hotline to trouble shoot all your pie-making problems. Live pie experts can be reached Monday through Friday (9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST) by calling 1-877-FOR-PIE-TIPS (1-877-367-7438). During the busy holiday season, the hotline offers extended hours (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST) from November 12-21 and (8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST) from December 12-21, 2012.
Try Crisco’s delicious Touch of Orange Apple Pie Recipe for a truly unique twist on the traditional holiday pie.
Apple Cranberry Raspberry Pie Recipe
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 55 min
Yield: 8 servings
CRUST – Double Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 3 cups cored, peeled, chopped Granny Smith apples (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen dry pack raspberries, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Prepare recipe for double crust pie. Roll out dough for bottom crust. Place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Do not bake.
2. Heat oven to 375°F.
3. Combine apples, cranberries and raspberries in large bowl. Mix sugar, tapioca, cinnamon, salt and almond extract in small bowl. Add to fruit mixture; toss well. Spoon filling into unbaked crust.
4. Roll out dough for top crust. Place onto filled pie. Trim 1/2-inch beyond edge. Fold top crust under bottom crust edge to seal. Crimp and flute edges. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to allow steam to escape.
5. Beat egg with 1 tablespoon water. Brush on surface of pie. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover edge with foil to prevent over-browning. Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake an additional 25 to 35 minutes or until filling in center is bubbly. Serve warm.
Shopping for Ingredients in Rhode Island
Find everything you need for this recipe at Whole Foods Market, Dave’s Marketplace, Trader Joe’s, and Stop & Shop stores throughout the Providence, Rhode Island area.
Click the SUBSCRIBE button above to receive spam-free email alerts and never miss a recipe! Check out my blog, Spatulas & Corkscrews for more delicious recipes, reviews and giveaways! Follow Spatulas_Corks on Twitter!
Sources and Photo Credits: Recipes and photos used with permission by Crisco.com.