Try these pizza recipes for your holiday parties. Vegetable pizza, chicken pizza or Mexican deep dish pizza are easy to make, and simple to serve.
- 2 pkgs crescent dinner rolls
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (regular or fat free)
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp season salt
Shredded desired amount of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, radishes and onions.
Press crescent rolls onto pizza pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees until brown. Let cool. Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise and seasonings together. Spread on cooled crust and sprinkle with shredded vegetables. Allow the crust to cool 2 additional minutes, then cut and serve.
- 1 8 roll pkg refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 meaty chicken breasts cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 lg onion, peeled and sliced into thin rings
- 1 lg green pepper, washed, seeded and cut into thin rings
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 1 15/16 oz canned pizza sauce or Prego spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
Unroll crescent dough into 8 triangles. Into lightly oiled 12 inch pizza pan, press dough, especially at perforations, to seal.
Heat the 1/4 cup oil to medium temperature in a skillet. Add chicken pieces, onion rings, green pepper, mushrooms and olives; cook, stirring, about 5 minutes or until fork can be easily inserted into the chicken. Lightly drain, if needed.
Spread pizza sauce over crust. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over sauce. Sprinkle garlic salt, oregano and Parmesan cheese over the chicken mixture then top with mozzarella cheese.
Bake, uncovered, in preheated 425 degree oven about 20 minutes or until crust is done. Allow to stand a few minutes before cutting into wedges to serve. Makes about 4 generous servings.
Makes one 13 inch deep dish pizza.
- basic pizza dough
- 1 lb hot sausage, not in casing
- 1 lb grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 lb grated cheddar or colby cheese
- 6 oz can jalapeno peppers
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican salsa (tomato and chili sauce)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Brown hot sausage and taco seasoning together.
Roll out the dough to form a circle slightly larger than pizza pan. Press dough to sides of pan; cut off excess dough that hangs over rim. Brush with olive oil.
Combine the cheese and spread two thirds of mixture over the dough. Distribute the jalapeno peppers over the cheese and then hot sausage over the peppers. Follow with the salsa and spread evenly over the entire pizza. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of mixture and bake for 25 minutes until the crust is golden brown.