One of the nicest beaches on Maui, Hawaii’ is also the nicest beach park on the North Shore (windward side) of the island, is Baldwin Beach Park near Paia.
Located within walking distance from Paia, Baldwin Beach Park has excellent, paved parking with no fee. There is also a lifeguard station, picnic tables, showers, and clean restroom facilities.
Baldwin Beach is a long, wide, sandy beach that reminds many of California beaches. It’s frequented by locals, along with tourists and visitors to the island. On weekends and extended holidays, the beach can become quite crowded.
The surf is strong on this side of Maui, so be very careful entering the water and take time to become accustomed to the strong surf. Calmer waters are at the far sides of Baldwin Beach, that are ideal for weaker swimmers, adults, and young children.
The afternoon surf can become particularly rough, so it’s best to enjoy Baldwin Beach during the morning hours. It’s also a good idea to check-in with the lifeguard at the lifeguard station to ask about surf conditions.
Planning to spend some time on the North Shore or shop in Paia? Take a few hours and enjoy one of Maui’s top beaches at Baldwin Beach.
* Spend time at Baldwin Beach in the morning hours. In the afternoon, the surf can be very rough and swimming is much harder. Baldwin Beach is not known as a snorkeling site.
* If you’re making the drive to Hana, stop at Baldwin Beach Park on your way back from Hana. Grab a sandwich or a light snack in Paia, and stop at the beach park, relax from the long drive to Hana, and watch a good sunset.
* There are several places in Paia to get box lunches. A good half-day trip is to drive into the town of Paia and walk around the unique stores and shops, and then grab a quick box lunch and head over to Baldwin Beach Park around 10 a.m. It’s a great way to spend a relaxing half-day at Maui’s best North Shore beach. Try Anthony’s Coffee.
Paia, Hawaii 96779
(808) 572 – 8122
Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily
Take Hwy. 36 (Hana Highway) from Kahalui toward the historic plantation town of Paia. Baldwin Beach Park is about a quarter mile south of Paia. There is a large sign noting the entrance to the beach park. There is also plenty of free parking.
Hawaii Travel & Delicious Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian islands of Oahu, Maui, and The Big Island are the most visited Hawaiian islands, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the “gateway” to Southeast Asia and Bangkok, Thailand is one of the most visited cities in the world.
Love Delicious Homemade Food? Check-out the “Homemade Gurus” at Homemade Pizza and Homemade Mexican food. They have delicious recipes.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama’s Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It’s one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman’s Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It’s one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento’s On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali’ imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy’s in Ka’anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui’s Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe’o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A “must-see” beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui’s top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii’s largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.
Maui’s Top Activities.
- See a unique perspective of Maui with a zipline adventure with Piiholo Ranch Adventures and Skyline Eco Adventures.
- See Molokini or the remote stretches of the Kanaio Coast with Red Line Rafting.
- Atlantis Submarines offers you the only underwater tour adventure on Maui that the whole family can enjoy.
- To rent snorkel equipment on Maui, go to Snorkel Bob’s or Boss Frog’s.
- Want to see another Hawaiian island? Go with Expeditions to the island of Lanai.
- There’s nothing like seeing Maui from a helicopter and Blue Hawaiian may be the best of Maui.
- Looking to jet ski? Jet Ski Maui is a seasonal activity but is a lot of fun even for beginners.
- Sunset dining on Maui gives you an unforgettable experience, and the Maui Princess is the boat to be on.
- Want to parasail while on Maui? UFO Parasail on Kaanapali Beach has been doing it longer than anyone.
- Bike down the Haleakala volcano for an amazing experience with Haleakala Bike Company.
- Trilogy offers one of the best excursions on Maui with several different daily tours.
- Enjoy The Road To Hana in a luxury vehicle with The Maui Touring Company.
- Go with the whale experts at Pacific Whale Foundation. They offer a wide variety of daily excursions.
- Wanting to go horseback riding on Maui? Go with Pony Express Tours for the best experience.
- Go sportfishing out of Lahaina Harbor with Start Me Up.
- Captain Steve’s Rafting Adventures is the top dolphin and whale tour company on Maui.
- Warren and Annabelle’s magic show is one of the best entertainment values on Maui.
- For the best luau on Maui, go to the Old Lahaina Luau in Lahaina Town on the west side of Maui.
BONUS – Free Hula Shows!
At The Lahaina Cannery Mall on the west side of Maui, there are free hula shows. The Polynesian Dancers perform at 7 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday. The Keiki Hula Show (children performing) is at 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Maui’s Best Luau!
While visiting Maui or any of the islands of Hawaii. a luau is a must. Learn a few things about a luau before you go, and here’s a list of popular luaus to consider:
- One of the most popular and highly-rated luaus is the Old Lahaina Luau on the west side of Maui.
- The Feast At Lele is an oceanfront luau at 505 Front Street in Lahaina Town.
- The best family luau is the Kaanapali Beach Luau.
- Staying in Wailea? Consider the Wailea Marriott Luau and The Grand Wailea Luau.
- In the Kaanapali Resort Area, both the Sheraton and the Hyatt offer a good luau experience.
Enjoy The Drive To Hana – www.roadtohana.com