Washington D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier confirmed that the department is looking into allegations that NBC’s David Gregory violated D.C.’s gun laws when he waved a 30-round magazine on Sunday’s “Meet the Press,” Breitbart reported Tuesday.
“Yes, we are investigating the incident to determine if the magazine was in fact real,” Chief Lanier told Breitbart.
According to D.C. law, any magazine that holds more than 10 rounds of ammunition is considered a “large capacity” magazine and is illegal in the district.
Since “Meet the Press” is taped in Washington, D.C., Gregory appears to have violated D.C. official code 7-2506.01.
“No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term large capacity ammunition feeding device means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition,” the code reads.
Those violating the law can be sentenced to a “maximum fine of $1000 and/or up to a year imprisonment,” the code says.
In addition to possibly violating the law, Gregory exhibited a bit of hypocrisy when he scoffed at the idea of placing armed police at America’s schools.
“But,” Daniel Halper wrote at the Weekly Standard, “the NBC host seems to have no problem with armed guards protecting his kids everyday where they attend school in Washington, D.C.”
The implication is clear: Freedom and security for me, but not for thee.
Since the tragic Newtown shootings, propagandists in the Democrat-media complex have engaged in an all-out campaign to persuade Americans that the Second Amendment is no longer necessary. The result is another political battle pitting liberals and the media against freedom-loving Americans and the Constitution.
Video of the incident can be seen here.
Update: An email indicates NBC used the illegal magazine after being denied permission by authorities. More here.
- Gun debate pits liberals, media against Constitution, freedom-loving Americans
- Report: NBC’s David Gregory violated D.C. gun laws on ‘Meet the Press’
- WH petition calling for deportation of CNN’s Piers Morgan reaches 25,000 signature threshold
- New York paper publishes names, addresses of legal gun permit holders
- Piers Morgan: NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre ‘dangerous, dim-witted, deluded menace’
- Yes, Virginia, there is a Democrat-media complex
- Ted Nugent to Piers Morgan on gun control: ‘Kiss my a**’
- White House petitions demand NRA be designated a terrorist organization
- New York Governor: Confiscation of guns ‘could be an option’
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Is it time for conservatives to boycott CNN for anti-Second Amendment propaganda?
- Classmate: Newtown shooter Adam Lanza had web page dedicated to Satan
- CNN’s Piers Morgan upset over White House petition calling for his deportation
- Liberals on Twitter call for murder of NRA members after NRA press conference (Video)
- Discovery Channel cancels Ted Nugent’s gun show, says rocker will not be back
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee to America: Turn in your guns
- Meet six people who would not be alive if liberals had their way on guns
- Actress Marg Helgenberger: ‘One can only hope’ NRA members are shot dead
- University professor calls for beheading of NRA CEO, says NRA terrorist group
- Democratic Party leader: Call to shoot NRA members not a death threat
- Texas Democratic Party leader, blogger calls for shooting NRA members
- Should an apology from a Democratic Party Executive Committee member cover calls for mass shootings?
- Liberals on Twitter call for murder of NRA members, repeal of Second Amendment
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit and like his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
Be sure to check out some of Joe’s other columns:
National Crime and Courts Examiner
National Social Issues Examiner
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.