On Thursday the conservative group Americans for Prosperity filed a police complaint after union activists destroyed a tent they had set up in Lansing, Mich., Fox News reported.
One of those inside the tent at the time it was destroyed told Greta van Susteren that two knife-wielding men in ski masks entered the tent and began cutting the canvas straps that tethered the tent to the ground.
According to the witness, rampaging union supporters overturned tables with hot coffee.
“It was scary,” she said.
According to an article at Talking Points Memo, AFP spokeswoman Annie Patnaude said protesters “threatened to blow up propane tanks inside the tent, potentially creating a deadly conflagration.”
Patnaude also suspected that at least one mask-wearing protester was an anarchist possibly connected with Occupy Wall Street.
“I don’t know if this was a union person or not. I think there’s a good possibility it was an Occupier or a radical anarchist,” she said.
“But by taking its case to the police, doesn’t AFP open itself up to an investigation? Won’t authorities uncover AFP’s plot to smear peace-loving union protesters by destroying its own tent and hitting people’s fists with Steven Crowder’s face?” Twitchy added.
On Wednesday, we reported that liberal union supporters claimed the assault on AFP’s tent and Steven Crowder was a setup to make unions look bad.
Conservative blogger Robert Stacy McCain said that liberal bloggers who also support the unions are “engaged in a systematic effort to create confusion and discourage mainstream journalists from reporting on the incident” by accusing the accusers.
“Re-arrange the narrative of events so that a story that obviously makes the Left look bad is, instead, a story about the Right unjustly trying to make the Left look bad,” he added.
“[They] continue to advance this theory that somehow this was an inside job by our organization. That is ludicrous and ridiculous,” Patnaude said. “I cannot emphasize enough that people very seriously could have been injured.”
- Watchdog: ABC, NBC, CBS ‘turning a blind eye’ to union violence in Lansing
- Yes, Virginia, there is a Democrat-media complex
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- Liberals, MSNBC claim union assault on tent a setup despite multiple videos
- Liberals on Twitter issue death threats against Gov. Snyder over right to work
- Unions react with violence after Michigan legislature passes right to work bill
- Michigan Democrat on right to work bill: ‘There will be blood’
- MSNBC still network of insane liberal hate
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Michael Moore calls for revolt in Michigan, vows to disobey right to work law
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Democratic Congressman says it’s time for unions to get bloody
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
Be sure to check out some of Joe’s other columns:
National Crime and Courts Examiner
National Social Issues Examiner
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.