Okay all you guys who think spas are just for women. As the new year approaches it’s time to change your thinking and consider following in the footsteps of the savvy opposite sex and put some pampering in your life.
If so you were considering a man-cation in 2013, with a few of your closest friends, or maybe just a fast escape by yourself. Look no farther than the man-friendly Napa Valley. Just jump in your Porsche or Testarosa (rent one if need be) and hit the freeways to northern California. The ride will do you good and so will these diversions.
Calistoga Ranch puts you in the driver’s seat of a high performance Audi sand Formula 3 car,on a biplane to experience high-flying acrobatic maneuvers in the air, or on the polo field. Talk about exhilarating.
- Auberge du Soleil helps keep the testosterone flowing with the Chris Cook Performance Driving Experience. Private one-on-one road and track coaching is offered by certified NASCAR drivers and racing instructors.
- Solage Calistoga provides another chance to put the pedal to metal at nearbyInfineon Raceway. The “Day at the Racetrack” package, priced at $6,500 for two, includes a half-day Grand Prix Masters program with the Jim Russell Racing Drivers School, boxed lunches from Michelin-starred Solbar restaurant and round-trip limousine service to and from the raceway.
- Pub crawl to local breweries such as Calistoga Inn Restaurant & Brewery, Silverado Brewing Companyand Downtown Joe’s.
- Hit the Blues, Brews & BBQ festival evert August downtown Napa sings the Blues with its annual Blues, Brews & BBQ–three musical stages, twenty micro-brewed beers and endless barbecue. Party favor beer steins and eight drink tickets can be purchased for $20.
- The Westin Verasa Napa Guy’s Golf Getaway Package gives you a round at either Chardonnay Golf Club or Eagle Vine Golf Course with your stay. The package, which includes beer and snacks for the boys upon arrival, is available for select tee times, Sunday through Wednesday from May through November. The Chardonnay Golf Club’s championship, 18-hole, semi-private golf course meanders through 150 acres of Chardonnay and Merlot vineyards, featuring numerous lakes and creek crossings. Nearby Eagle Vines Golf Course is a challenging 18-hole, par-72 course designed in part by World Golf Hall of Famer Johnny Miller.
- Silverado Resort and Spa’s Ultimate Gentleman’s Getaway packages offers unlimited golf for groups of two or four, with accommodations in a deluxe one- or two-bedroom fireplace suite. Packages also includes Callaway Razr X Rentals, six Callaway golf balls, Silverado golf hat and shirt, $100 spa credit per person for any 50-minute men’s treatment (Go Golf Facial, Golfers Massage, or Golfers Reflexology) and a $100 credit per person for resort dining.
- The Villagio Inn & Spa offers Man Space Guys Getaways throughout the year that include a private spa suite with a complimentary hour to enjoy all the suite amenities such as the infinity soaking tub, steam shower, a 50-minute wellness massage; choice of hydra performance, pure performance or anti-age facial; and a spa refreshment platter.
- Calistoga Ranch famed Bathhouse Spa offers manly treatments such as the Gentleman’s Facial that includes deep cleansing with lymphatic stimulation, along with a soothing hand and foot massage, or a sports massage that uses anti-inflammatory essential oils.
For more information about local events, activities, dining and lodging go to www.VisitNapaValley.com.