Many people often proclaim, “If you’re a psychic, you can give me the winning numbers, right?” We tend to laugh at this statement because if it truly worked this way, all of the psychics would own private islands! We can try our best to intuitively chose numbers, but in the end, it depends highly on your life’s purpose. If it fits within your plans of life, you’ll win the Powerball! However, there are both mundane and supernatural ways to heighten your chances of bending your life goal and landing the jackpot, or at least a little more pocket change!
Is it true that odds get better or worse when the jackpot gets higher?
No, the odds remain the same throughout the entirety of the game. According to the Powerball website, the odds for winning a Powerball Jackpot are 1 in 175,223,510. Many people have misconceptions about odds being better when the jackpot is higher; this simply is not true. The outcome of the Powerball is not dependent upon the number of people who have purchased a lottery ticket, as the winner has simply matched their numbers to the randomized winning numbers. Therefore, the odds are dependent on, and always stably based on, the fact that you must match each of 5 numbers to its own, individual set of 59 numbers plus 1 number to its own set of 35 numbers. With those statistics, one combination out of 175,223, 510 possible combinations will yield a jackpot winner.
How can I increase my chances?
There are a few ways to increase your chances:
- Use the Quick Pick option to select your numbers. Almost all of the past winners have won using Quick Pick and this is because many people who select their own numbers only pick from one side of the number scale, using birthdays or important dates as lucky numbers. In order to match the wide selection of numbers chosen, you must pick from all over the card; close numbers almost never arise in the drawings.
- Visualize yourself receiving that big, fat check.
- Visualize yourself happily depositing a large sum of money.
- See yourself spending that money, and know you’ll be spending it. Our thoughts are somehow connected to how our life plays out, and hey, it doesn’t hurt to give it a good, strong try!
- Don’t spend your last living bucks on the Powerball. Most winners won off of one purchase on a whim.
- Have fun! Don’t go into the ticket purchasing process angrily hoping to win! Do it because you have an interest in the game, and do it because it’s fun and exciting.
Love life tips of both the mundane and magical? Subscribe or follow me on Twitter for free article updates by clicking the link below this article under my photograph! Good luck!
Copyright 2012 Jennifer McDonald / All rights reserved.