Approximately 50 percent of the world population is overweight. This is a growing concern since it can cause serious damage to your mental and physical health. More and more people these days are becoming more health and fitness conscious. There are numerous diet plans for weight loss available on the market that can be effective. The most effective way to lose weight and reduce the risk of obesity is with a balanced diet combined with regular exercise.
Weight loss tips
Losing weight will help lower your cholesterol, high blood pressure, some types of cancer and reduce your risk of heart disease. Here are some simple and effective weight loss tips to help you shed those extra pounds naturally.
1. Healthy diet – Eating a balanced diet every day will not only help you lose weight, but it will also give you all the essential nutrients your body needs to function properly. Choose a healthier lifestyle by including a variety of foods from all the foods groups. You will feel and look better.
2. Portion control – Smaller portion sizes is an easy way to lower your calorie intake. Use a smaller plate or fill half your plat with fruits and vegetables, a quarter of your plate with whole-grains and the other quarter of your plate with lean protein like chicken, pork, turkey or fish. Make sure to include a serving of dairy. Don’t wait until your hungry to eat. You should try to eat every three to four hours so your body doesn’t feel like it’s starving. This will cause you to overeat. Try eating five to six small meals throughout the day instead of three huge meals.
3. Physical activity – Whether you follow a regular exercise routine or just go for a walk everyday for at least one hour, you will increase your metabolism and lose weight naturally. This is especially important for people who follow a sedentary lifestyle. Walking 10,000 steps per day is a good goal to aim for.
4. Water – Drink plenty of water to replace the water lost by your body from sweat, urine, etc. and to help flush out toxins in your body. Water contains zero calories and also helps dissolve excess body fat.
5. Avoid binge eating – Many people use food as a way to cope with stress and frustration, or even when they are nervous or just bored. Binge eating will add extra fat to your body and can lead to obesity. If you must eat between meals, eat healthy food, such as fruits, vegetables or a handful of nuts. This will keep those unnecessary pounds off and satisfy your cravings at the same time.
Making these lifestyle changes and sticking to them will help you lose weight naturally and boost your overall health. For more weight loss tips and eating healthy, go to Healthy Diet Guidelines. For a free nutritional assessment to find the right diet that fits your individual nutritional needs, go to Recipe4Nutrition.