In the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting last week, 3 years’ worth of ammo has been sold in 72 hours online, a direct result of both gun enthusiasts purchasing more ammunition and a growing fear by many that something or somebody may soon be preying upon them.
Brownell Inc bills itself as having “the largest selection of firearm accessories and supplies for rifles, handguns, and shotguns.” And while sales are normally quite good for the company, Brownell revealed this week online that their sales have been so through the roof as of late, they haven’t been able to keep up with demand.
Brownell’s site also claims that “every item is in stock and ready to be shipped,” but that certainly hasn’t been the case over the past 72 hours. In fact, in a recent post on AR15.com (which is “home to the black rifle”), the company has reached out to gun enthusiasts to apologize for their uncharacteristic delays in shipping buyers their ammo.
In a post that both thanks and apologizes to their customers, Brownell says that “the demand for magazines actually exceeded the ability for the system to keep up with the volume that was being ordered.” The company then goes on to add the following:
“To shed some more light on the magazine situation at present, it really has been unprecedented in the last 5 days. (Edit – Sorry guys, meant 72 hour period) we sold the “average demand” equivalent of about 3 1/2 years worth of PMAGS, and an even greater amount of our Brownells magazines. We’re working like crazy to get these orders to you as quickly as possible.”
In addition to the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in CT, it’s possible that the sales of guns and magazines can be contributed to President Obama, who has come out forcefully this week with the belief that something needs to finally be done about gun control. Obama has since assigned Vice President Joe Biden to come up with a plan by January that can change the way in which guns are either acquired or used in America.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
1) Ke$ha’s song pulled from radio, singer apologizes on Twitter
2) Katt Williams says he slapped Target employee over N-word slur
3) Tantrum over burger in McDonald’s leads to assault charges
4) Boy gets $6.9 million after being molested in 2008
5) 9-year-old rapper releases Sandy Hook song ‘Stop Da Violence’
6) Crocodile leaps at the face of a swimming tourist (VIDEO)
7) NRA’s Facebook page goes dark after CT school shooting
8) Watch the touching tribute to CT school shooting victims by NBC’s ‘The Voice’
9) Joseline of ‘Love and Hip Hop Atlanta’ dances on a stripper pole
10) Rapper Tyga crashes is Lamborghini, then snaps a photo of the wrecked car
11) Spike Lee rips into ‘Django Unchained,’ but hasn’t watched the movie
12) Was the Ryan Lanza Facebook page really all just a hoax?
13) Bethenny Frankel to separate from her husband after 2 years
14) Andruw Jones arrested for battery on Christmas Day
15) Could Piers Morgan be deported for his gun control comments?