Alcohol is the oldest drug known to mankind. It is unfortunately the most abused.
Drank a little too much on New Year eve! It is always a difficult morning after excesses food and alcohol.
Hangovers are the most commonly reported negative consequences of heavy drinking.
- Nausea, Vomiting, headache, clumsiness, dizziness, apathy, sweating, shivering, heart pounding, confusion, stomach pain, concentration problems, thirst, drowsiness and fatigue may be common symptoms for many.
Oops! Bad day ahead!
Prevention of hangover.
A newly developed hangover cure.
- In a July 2012 research, published in preventive medicine journal, demonstrated that ‘After-Effect (©), a new food supplement, is specifically formulated for occasionally excessive alcohol consumption. It may relieve hangover symptoms.
After-Effect (©) ingredients are:
- Borage oil that contained gamma linolenic acid.
- Fish oil that contained omega-3.
- Vitamins B1, B6, and C, magnesium.
- Silybum marianum that contained silymarin.
- Opuntia ficus indica.
The product is sold in pharmacies by Deenox in France, and like many hangover cures it can also be ordered online.
- It significantly improved overall hangover severity, except for palpitations.
However, After-Effect© capsules should be taken before alcohol consumption and two additional capsules before going to bed.
Treating alcohol hangover.
- ‘Alcohol hangover is characterized by adverse physical and mental effects that occur the next morning after the intake of toxic doses of alcohol’.
What may help?
- In the journal of New England medicine, several reports have recently appeared concerning the effects of intravenous or oral administration of tri-iodothyronine in the treatment of both chronic alcoholism and acute intoxication.
- Alcohol is dehydrating and increases toxins in the cells, so drinking water only will rehydrate the cells and increase the release of the poison by urination.
Alcohol is acid.
- Eating very light if you can and an alkaline diet will neutralize the acidity and will balance the blood PH.
‘Soup a l’oignon’ or onion soup.
- This famous soup was an all-time remedy after a night of ‘debauche’ and booze. Taken early in the morning after coming back from a party may help.
- Extract of globe artichoke or Cynara scolymus is promoted as a possible preventive or cure for alcohol-induced hangover symptoms.
Opuntia ficus indica.
- In 2004, research found that an extract of the Opuntia ficus indica plant may diminish the inflammatory response to stressful stimuli.
However, research from 2005 found:
- ‘No compelling evidence exists to suggest that any conventional or complementary intervention is effective for preventing or treating an alcohol hangover. The most effective way to avoid the symptoms of alcohol induced hangover is to practice abstinence or moderation’.
Each country has its old remedies to erase the problem; from flagellation with leafy Birch branches in Russia to tomato juice with eggs in the States.
Hoping you will find the miraculous solution that work for you.