If you haven’t gotten underway yet, it’s officially time to start working on crafts for the holiday season! Every year one of my favorite things to do is make Christmas ornaments. Handmade ornament add a special charm to your tree, making it a work of art. Need some inspiration? Here are fifteen step-by-step tutorials showing you how to make a variety of different ornaments. Be sure to check out the slideshow to see photos of all of the ornaments featured here!
1. Painted Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments by Mad In Crafts. They smell as good as they look! Try paints with different kinds of finishes for a variety of looks.
2. Quilted Ornament with Quarter Square Triangles by Always Expect Moore. Flex your sewing muscles with this cute project, complete with detailed, easy-to-follow photos.
3. Empty Ribbon Spool Ornaments by Always Expect Moore. Don’t throw those ribbon spools away anymore!
4. Bottle Cap Ornaments by 30 Minute Crafts. These adorable ornaments are perfect for a smaller tree!
5. Pushpin Starburst Ornament by Dollar Store Crafts. Office supplies turned holiday decor with a retro vibe.
6. Gift Tag Christmas Ornaments by Dollar Store Crafts. Assembled from colorful luggage tags, these gift tags double as ornaments for future years.
7. Wooden Disc Christmas Ornament by 7 Layer Studio. Loops of ribbon give this ornament loads of charm.
8. Painted Canvas Ornaments by Mel Designs. If you enjoy a rustic, folk art look, you will love these ornaments with layers of texture from canvas and burlap.
9. Handmade Dyed Ornaments by Mod Podge Rocks! Fabric dye is a tool that should be in the arsenal of every crafter!
10. Kids Fabric Ornaments by Mod Podge Rocks! Simple enough for the kiddos to help out, with fabulous looking results.
11. Burlap Mason Jar Christmas Ornaments by The Country Chic Cottage. A great way to add a touch of country charm to your tree!
12. Yarn-Wrapped Ornaments by Handmade Parade. A simple, versatile idea that would also make a great package topper.
13. Marbleized Glass Ornaments by Cut Out + Keep. Customize them with any colors you want!
14. Wax Pine Cone Ornaments by The Magic Onions. A touch of nature, dressed up in an unusual and sophisticated way.
15. Hanging Christmas Star Ornaments by The Magic Onions. A complex look with easy directions. People will never guess you made it yourself!